Pikliz – Haitian Coleslaw
- 1 1/2 cup cabbage shredded
- 1 1/2 cup carrrot shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 small shallot thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon Peppermaster Wings of Fire or Peppermaster Stingin' Scorpion
- 1 - 3 tablespoon Peppermaster Hurricane Mash or your preferred Peppermaster Mash
- 3 cups vinegar we used Gingras Entra Old Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 berries Jamaican all spice aka pimento
- In a large bowl put all solid ingredients. Mix them all together.
- In a separate bowl mix the vinegar with the pepper sauces and black pepper.
- Put the vegetables into a large mason jar and cover with the vinegar - spice mixture. Refrigerate and let sit for a week.
- This can be served after 24 hours, but the aging is optimal for the vegetables to soak up the goodness of the spices and vinegar.
Good eating... or, as they say in Haitian, Bon manje!